Based on the success of our previous boot camp, we are offering another series of workshops that will provide participants with practical programming knowledge and familiarity with the University’s diverse research computing facilities.
The boot camp is free for all Clemson students, faculty and staff. Registration is a simple, two-step process:
- Sign up for the “Research Computing and Data Insight” on Canvas.
- Then, select which of the boot camp sessions you will attend here
Please contact Nuyun (Nellie) Zhang firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for further information.
The following topics will be covered; note the overlap in sessions:
Day 1 (Oct 4)
- Introduction to Linux (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM, B102 Barre Hall)
- Introduction to Git (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, B102 Barre Hall)
Day 2 (Oct 5)
- Introduction to Python for Research Computing (9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, B102 Barre Hall)
- Introduction to R for Data Science (9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, B106 Barre Hall)
- Cleaning Data with Open Refine (9:00 AM- 12:00 PM, 406A Cooper Library)
- Introduction to GIS (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, 406A Cooper Library)
Day 3 (Oct 6)
- Introduction to Research Computing using Palmetto Cluster (9:00 AM - 12:00 AM, B102 Barre Hall)
- Introduction to Hadoop MapReduce for Big Data (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, B106 Barre Hall)
Day 4 (Oct 7)
- Visualizing Research Data (9:00 AM- 12:00 PM, 310 Watts Family Innovation Center)