The CITI group is proud to announce an Introduction to Research Computing and Data Insight boot camp. This 3-day boot camp will provide participants with practical programming knowledge and familiarity with the University’s diverse research computing facilities. This boot camp will be offered twice in this semester: Sep 5-7, and Oct 4-6.
The following topics will be covered during September 5-7 session; note the overlap in sessions:
Day 1 - Monday, Sep 5
- Linux for research computing (9 am - 12 pm)
- Git/GitHub for tracking and sharing work (1 pm - 4 pm)
Day 2 - Tuesday, Sep 6
- Python for scientific computing and data analysis (9 am - 4 pm)
- R for scientific computing and data analysis (9 am - 4 pm)
Day 3 - Wednesday, Sep 7
- Cleaning Data with Open Refine (9 am - 12 pm)
- Visualizing Research Data (9 am - 12 pm)
- Introduction to the Palmetto HPC Cluster (9 am - 12 pm)
- Introduction to the Cypress Big Data Cluster (1 pm - 4 pm)
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (1 pm - 4 pm)
The boot camp is free for all Clemson students, faculty and staff. Registration is open for the Sep 5-7 sessions. For description and location for each session, and to register, please visit http://citi.sites.clemson.edu/training/
Please contact Nuyun (Nellie) Zhang email@example.com with questions or for further information.